Business writing has been transformed in our era from long, leisurely letters to fast faxes, instant e-mails, crisp memos, and concise letters. Your reader doesn’t have time to waste. And neither do you.
That’s where The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mail can help.
Here you’ll find the most complete and up-to-date collection of model business correspondence for every conceivable occasion—sample letters, memos, and e-mails you can use as is or adapt for your own purposes. This invaluable reference contains more than 300 model letters with instructions for adapting each to your particular situation. Letters are organized into chapters by category, and the detailed table of contents guides you quickly to the letter that best suits your needs.
For each model letter, you’ll find:
* Introductory comments that give you a working knowledge of each kind of correspondence.
* Several variations of tone and style from which you can pick the one that suits you best.
* Instructions on how to format, design, print, and deliver your correspondence for best effect.
This revised edition of The Encyclopedia of Business Letters, Faxes, and E-mail contains more help than ever, including:
* An expanded introduction to writing letters, faxes, and e-mails, with new tips and advice on the best use of each
* Dozens of additional sample e-mail formats to meet today’s communication needs
* Even more focused, easy-to-remember directions for organizing your thoughts and composing even the toughest kinds of correspondence
Don’t go to work without it!
Robert W. Bly (Dumont, NJ) is the director of the Center for Technical Communication, a consulting firm that helps business people improve their
communication and interpersonal skills. He is the author of more than 35 books, including The Elements of Business Writing, The Copywriter’s Handbook, and Keeping Clients Satisfied.
Regina Anne Kelly (Sea Bright, NJ) is a professional writer and editor with more than 15 years’ experience. She is the coauthor of three nonfiction trade books, including Everyday Letters for Busy People. She has also penned dozens of articles for newspapers, journals, and magazines and has edited more than 50 books. She currently operates her own freelance writing and editing business.
Available as an eBook through Kindle