An Owner's Manual provides fast, practical and direct advice and that's what
you get with this book! The Small Business Owner's Manual is useful for
newly minted entrepreneurs as well as seasoned business owners and can be
read from cover-to-cover or to quickly lookup information in the midst of a
• Choose among 13 ways to get new financing and the 17 steps to building a
winning loan package.
• Weigh the pros and cons among 8 legal structures, from corporations to
• Write winning ads and analyze 16 advertising and marketing alternatives
including the latest in Search Engine Marketing and Search Engine
• Develop a powerful business plan in half the time.
• Learn to sell products and services by considering 10 possible sales and
• Discover the latest trends to quickly and inexpensively set up a web-site
• Get taxes paid on time, collect from deadbeats, protect the business from
litigation and get legal agreements with teeth by effectively finding and
partnering with CPAs and attorneys.
• Get a quick overview of the 14 top forms of business insurance including
workers comp and medical.
• Looking to lease? Exploit a comprehensive review of the top 18 critical
factors used to evaluate locations and 24 of the most important clauses in
• Understand the legal side of hiring, firing, and managing employees and
• Minimize taxes by learning the ins-and-outs of business income taxes, the
top 5 payroll taxes, sales and use taxes, common tax dodges, and the
latest loopholes for business owners. Filing schedules, form names, form
numbers and download links are also included.
• Credit cards are critical these days - so learn how the system really works
and minimize chargebacks, disputes and headaches. Includes 35
important definitions and 12 ways to minimize fraud.
• Lots more too!
Joe Kennedy has more than twenty years of experience in operating and
working with hundreds of small businesses, a degree in finance and an MBA.
He knows how entrepreneurs think and their drive to get to the essence of an
issue, make the right decision and quickly move on. Impatient business
owners will prefer this book since only the most relevant information is
provided. A few bigger books are out there but this one is not puffed out with
clutter and other information you already knew. With years of experience in
the IT industry Joe knows a lot about the Internet too so the content here is
better than web-based searches.The Small Business Owner's Manual is great
for those starting a business, operators of existing enterprises, or as a gift.