If you have ever wished you had the equivalent of a “Nanny 911” to defuse
tensions in the office, your wish has come true. 151 Quick Ideas to Deal With
Difficult People is the ultimate guide on how to face challenging employees
The extensive topics in this book deal with how to handle characters ranging
from Bunglers to Backstabbers to Bullies. Few books on difficult employees,
if any, offer such an extensive assortment of the characters you’re likely to
encounter at work and how best to deal with them.
When faced with difficult employees, too often managers and coworkers lack
the skills for handling the stressful encounters, so they throw up their hands
in complete exasperation. Well, all that ends with this book. You’ll learn how
• Keep problem employees from setting the tone in the office.
• Take steps to turn troublemakers into team players.
• Keep them from demoralizing or scaring away other employees.
• Know when to cut your losses.
• Avoid hiring troublemakers in the first place.
• Confront bullies, harassers, and ageists.
• Keep a backstabber from sabotaging your career.
• Keep an aggressive colleague from commandeering your meeting.
• Deal with colleagues who infringe on your time.
Because the information in this book is so concise and practical, you’ll refer
to it again and again. Whether you are a manager or a coworker of difficult
employees, the advice will give you the tools to better supervise problem
workers or the confidence to stand up to them. You will no longer live in fear of
an aggressive employee ruining your day.
Carrie Mason-Draffen writes from a wealth of experience. For 10 years she
has written an acclaimed workplace column for Newsday, a New York daily
newspaper. 151 Quick Ideas to Deal With Difficult People draws on the
insights she has gained from answering questions from hundreds of
managers and employees. For additional information, the author interviewed
outstanding experts in the legal and human-resource professions.
Mason-Draffen lives on Long Island, New York, with her husband and three